If you are actively seeking a career in Drones, we are currently looking for a:
Drone / UAV Pilot
My Drone Services Canada (MDSC), an affiliate of My Drone Services Corp. is a world leader in remotely piloted aircraft and sensors used for drone inspections, spraying, surveillance and surveys, among other innovative applications.
We recognize and appreciate the value in contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a UAV Pilot to join our Flight Operations team located in our Alberta location! This is a flex position and must be able to deploy in support of Company Projects. This position requires you to be available for deployment assignments domestically and internationally at any time and for varying lengths of time.
Under the supervision of our Chief Pilot, this position is responsible for coordinating ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and ground and flight safety. Serves as Pilot-in-Command (PIC) of assigned Drone or Unmanned Air Vehicle(s) (UAV).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and actively participates in ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and safety.
- Remotely pilots vehicle to determine compliance with specification and operational suitability during engineering tests and flight test/demonstration support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers.
- Defines, plans, organizes and executes flight programs and flight test events.
- Ensures compliance with service guidance, company policy and procedures and Transport Canada regulations.
- May participate in the development of operational and safety procedures and training syllabus courseware.
- Conducts demonstrations and tests of assigned Drones/UAV(s).
- Represents the organization with customers.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Must be Canadian Citizen
- Must have valid passport and drivers license and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be a licensed Drone/UAV Pilot
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a four-year technical degree or trade school equivalency and two or more years experience in UAV operation or aviation. Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education. Must demonstrate a general understanding of UAV and Transport Canada principles, theories and concepts.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees and customers, contractors and aircrew;
- General knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Ability to pass Pre/Post Deployment Medical and Dental Examinations.
MDSC is an Employment Equity Act employer as defined by the EAC. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran, and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our Careers site as a result of your disability, you have the right to receive assistance in completing the application process. Please email your resume to [email protected] or contact us directly about your interest in employment with MDSC.
MDSC is an Employment Equity Act employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship, or any other protected class.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send CV to [email protected]
My Drone Services Canada
Calgary, Alberta Canada